Follow mplsmetal on Twitter

Friday, July 27, 2012

THE DREAMING Vocalist Chris Hall Slams CHEVELLE Version of "It's No Good" as a "Piece of Sh*t!"



At The Dreaming’s show on Monday, July 23, in St. Paul at Station 4 the band performed their cover of Depeche Mode’s “It’s No Good” (from The Dreaming's latest album Puppet) and vocalist Chris Hall (ex-Stabbing Westward) didn’t hold back on his view of Chevelle’s take on the song:

“I heard the Chevelle version of that song yesterday and I gotta say ours is way f**king better than that piece of sh*t! I don’t know what they were thinking when they released that. Holy crap it’s terrible!”

My YouTube account is still suspended so I can’t post the clip, but I do have video of this declaration that can be downloaded here (.mov, 23.7 MG, 12 seconds).


I’ll get a complete show recap posted soon, but in the meantime here’s a couple pictures of The Dreaming and support band Sargent Avenue. Sargent Avenue was pretty impressive, and The Dreaming put on an awesome, 16 song, nearly 90 minute show. The set was heavily focused on material from Puppet along with some Stabbing Westward songs, including “What Do I Have To Do?”, “Shame”, “Save Yourself”, a cool half-acoustic version of “Sometimes It Hurts”, and an absolutely amazing performance of “Waking Up Beside You”.





Chevelle plays at First Avenue in Minneapolis on Friday, September 7 with Throw The Fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment