Follow mplsmetal on Twitter

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

New Flickr Account For Posting Photos

One of the reasons that has derailed some recent posting here has been been my conversion to Flickr from Picasa for posting pictures. If there's one thing I hate more than changing things that affect my workflow, it's social networks. It's been clear for a while that Google will eventually phase out or kill Picasa entirely. The last straw for me was Google automatically redirecting access to my Picasa account to a sign up form for Google Plus. This is part of a "forced push" of Google to coerce people onto their failed social network, which includes forcing people to sign up for Google Plus to use certain Google products. Well, count me out!

It will take me a little while to fully get comfortable with Flickr and to be able to take advantage of all its features, so bear with me as I try out some different ways of posting pictures here. If you're a Flickr user, there are ways for you to share my pictures and comment on them. I usually upload photos before posting here, so if you want to keep an eye on my Photostream (the latest pictures posted) and browse through my collection of photos (as I make the transition and post more pictures there) head on over to my Flickr page at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twincitiesmetal/

No comments:

Post a Comment