Follow mplsmetal on Twitter

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tours: ULI JON ROTH Cancels North American Guitar Gods Tour, Reveals Plans to Return to U.S. in Spring 2015

Uli Jon Roth performing February 16, 2013 at Neisen's in Savage, Minnesota. Click on either picture to see more photos of Uli and his band (63).

Surely this is the most disappointing concert news of the year. Uli Jon Roth, legendary solo artist and former Scorpions guitarist, made the announcement on his Facebook page that he’s been forced bow of his upcoming tour with Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Gary Hoey, and Bumblefoot:

“Unfortunately we are forced to cancel my participation in this tour due to unforeseen circumstances which are beyond our control. We don’t know why, but work visas got mysteriously delayed for no apparent reason to the point where we were left with no other reasonable choice but to cancel at this late stage. In over 30 years of obtaining US visas this has never happened to me, but I guess there’s always a first.

I would have love to play for the North-American audience on this tour, like so many times before, but I’m my three guitar-playing friends will be just fine without me and will more than make up for it with their considerable skills. I’m wishing them best luck and lots of inspiration!!!”


Uli responded in the comment thread to his post with the news that he’s planning to return to North America early next year:

“I’ll be back some time in the Spring! See you then hopefully.”


The Guitar Gods tour featuring Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Gary Hoey, and Bumblefoot comes to the Skyway Theatre in Minneapolis on Monday, June 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment