Follow mplsmetal on Twitter

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

From The Vault - D.R.I.



This is a short post here, but tonight's appearance of D.R.I. in Minneapolis had me thinking about the one time I saw the band on February 22, 1996 at The Daily Grind in Kansas City. Opening the show was the mighty Acid Bath shortly before they released the awesome Paegan Terrorism Tactics album, which unfortunately proved to be their last due to the death of bassist Audie Pitre in January 1997. Guitarist Sammy Duet went on to found Goatwhore. D.R.I.'s set was short, probably only 30 minutes, since vocalist Kurt Brecht didn't sing due to illness. The band intended to play a short instrumental set, but someone in the crowd jumped up on stage, grabbed a microphone, and sang most of the songs. Certainly not a representative show for the band, but they at least made it enjoyable. This also was on the tour to support what is still D.R.I.'s last album, 1995's Full Speed Ahead.

Watch the video for "Syringes In The Sandbox" from the last D.R.I. album, Full Speed Ahead.

There's still plenty of time to get down to Mill City Nights in Minneapolis to see D.R.I. support Suicidal Tendencies with Waking The Dead tonight - doors open at 8:00 and the show starts at 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment