Follow mplsmetal on Twitter

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Skid Row From The Vault


Say what you will about Skid Row, but Slave To The Grind is one of the heaviest albums to hit number one on the Billboard album chart. They were also never afraid of taking out the some the best opening bands. The top ticket was for a show at the Five Flags Center in Dubuque, Iowa with Pantera as the opening band, soon after the release of Vulgar Display Of Power. Pantera completely ripped the place up with a short 30 minute set of material primarily from Cowboys From Hell, including "Heresy", "Domination", and "Psycho Holiday". The band expresses much gratitude to Skid Row for having the balls to take them on tour. Skid Row was amazing that night, too, playing all the songs from their first two albums that you'd expect. Sebastian Bach is so incredibly underrated as a singer. I didn't make it to the earlier part of the Slave To The Grind tour with Soundgarden opening, unfortunately. The flyer is for the show at Palmer Auditorium in Davenport, Iowa. The only other time I've seen Skid Row was on the Subhuman Race tour at Memorial Hall in Kansas City with Souls At Zero. Not as good a show as the first time I saw them, but excellent nonetheless.
Skid Row will be appearing at the Medina Entertainment Center in Medina on Friday, April 30. Support will come from Firehouse and Minneapolis' Downtread.
UPDATE: Here's a drumhead signed by drummer Rob Affuso that I caught when he threw it out from the stage at the May 31, 1992 show in Dubuque.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I attended the Skid Row Soundgarden show at Palmer Auditorium (great show!). I was just talking to a friend who went with me and we were trying to determine the date. I landed on your site after googling it and seeing the flyer brought back fond memories. If you have a pdf of the flyer and wouldn't mind e-mailing it to me, I'd appreciate it! I'd like to e-mail it around to my other buddies who were at the show. Thanks!
    -David
    davidlombard35@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete