Follow mplsmetal on Twitter

Saturday, March 16, 2013

From The Vault - MOONSPELL


Click on any of the pictures to see more photos of Moonspell, including live shots (14).


Portugal's Moonspell returned for a show at Station 4 in St. Paul alongside Marduk about two weeks ago (February 28, to be exact), so here's some shots of the band from 2000. These shots were taken at the famed Whisky in Hollywood on May 19, 2000 that had them supporting Amorphis with The Kovenant while promoting The Butterfly Effect. The group shots were taken backstage prior to the show. I can't remember the circumstances that led to this photo opportunity, but the band was pleasant as we took shots in one of the stairwells as well as their dressing room.



This was a crazy night on the Sunset Strip as a few doors down from the Whisky at The Roxy Theatre System Of A Down was playing a secret, unannounced show with Disturbed, The Deadlights, and Crease. I think one of my friends at Roadrunner Records tipped me off about the System show and secured my entrance. Not wanting to miss a thing, I was going back and forth between the two clubs in between bands. Memory seems to fade after all these years, but I also believe this was the night I ran into Corey Taylor and Joey Jordison from Slipknot at the Roxy (these were the days when no one could recognize them and they could walk around anonymously) and spent some time drinking and talking with Joey at the upstairs bar On The Rox.




No comments:

Post a Comment